Geothermal Installation Steps
A High-Level Overview of Our Geothermal Installation Steps:
The first step to finding out if installing a high-efficiency geothermal system is right for you is to call us for a FREE, no obligation, in-home estimate.
1. We will come to do a heat loss heat gain Manual J Calculation. With the use of sophisticated software, we can determine a properly sized system for your home. This is done on every estimate that we do for our Maryland customers. It’s extremely important because properly sizing a geothermal system is the key to maximize energy savings and comfort. Simply using the same sized system that you currently have is not a determining factor to proper equipment selection.
2. We will then provide you with a detailed proposal including a total cost with all of the available tax credits and local incentives.
3. The drilling or loop installation will start next. This can be anywhere from a couple days to a week depending on the size of the system.
4. Once the loops are installed we begin to change the system over, removing and recycling the existing equipment and installing the new geothermal heating and cooling system. Changing the system can take a couple of days on average.
5. After installation, we will have a post-installation meeting to go over the system operation and tax credit / local incentive(s) paperwork.
As you can see switching to geothermal does not happen overnight. However, choosing the right Maryland geothermal contractor will make the experience pleasant and as unobtrusive as possible! Visit our Service Areas page for a complete listing of counties and cities we serve. Or call us today at 410-600-7812 and find out how we can help you experience the joys of high-efficiency heating and cooling for your Maryland home!